Thursday, April 9, 2009

Great fools think alike...

I've been called a clown, deliberately by a Japanese colleague who was trying to work out how I build teams. He told me it was a compliment on a technique I use. Dead right - the fat little kid who is too smart for his own good has to either find a way to lead or get thumped by the bullies. Thus, I can use "fool" as a compliment too. Just as I was preparing my last post, Beverley was good enough to direct me to an article in The Times. It is compulsory reading:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article6053885.ece

Lots to think about there - but one thing is just amazing. We now know what it costs to tidy Estonia! We have a true cost. $500000 plus the efforts of some smart planners and a few hours of everyone in the country. What got cut out as having no value? Professional planning and administration.

I think I must offer a prize for the best rebuttal about the Estonian cleanup. This idea needs testing.

Dr. J

No comments:

Post a Comment